Size: 131,000 sf
Services: ArchitectureHistoric Preservation
Built in 1924 as the “State Office Building,” the Washington Building has been used continuously as office space for various Commonwealth of Virginia agencies. Vacated in 2005, the building anchors the southeast corner of Richmond’s Capitol Square, offering dramatic views of the Virginia State Capitol.
Following the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation, the design team conducted a complete rehabilitation of the building which included tenant fit-up services, core building improvements, as well as new HVAC, plumbing, fire protection, electrical, communication and security systems.