Join Our Team
Architectural Designer – Richmond, VA
Commonwealth Architects has an opening available for an Architectural Designer in our headquarters office located in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip. Our practice is constantly growing, and includes corporate, governmental, multi-family, hospitality, and higher education projects as well as rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings throughout Virginia and the mid-Atlantic region. Ideal candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the capability to both conceptualize a building’s design and develop construction documents for implementation. Candidate must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and have experience relevant to commercial, multi-family, office or adaptive reuse project work. Knowledge of REVIT is preferred.
Responsibilities may also include: making sound decisions on the methods of approach and development of project(s), project execution and ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to each assignment. The individual must be proficient in developing creative architectural solutions that meet the firm’s standard of design and client expectations.
This opportunity is ideal for graduates of an accredited architectural program. Individuals with 2-5 years of experience in the architecture field, experience working on a variety of project types, and a desire to be involved with some of the region’s most exciting projects should forward their cover letter and resume below for immediate consideration.
Commercial Interior Designer – Richmond, VA
Commercial Interior Designer positions are available with Commonwealth Architects in corporate, governmental, multi-family, hospitality and / or higher education arenas.
All experience and skill levels welcomed to apply with minimum requirements and preferred requirements noted below. To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
- Strong design portfolio
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations and industry standards, and application of building codes
- Experience working in all project phases from Programming to Construction Administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills with client presentation experience
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design. LEED desired but not required.
- Licensure preferred
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and representative samples below for immediate consideration.
We constantly search for new architects and designers who share our vision and passion for design. We are always interested in reviewing resumes as we seek to staff our firm with just the right people. Please fill out the form below to apply to join our team.
Commonwealth Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Commonwealth Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.