Join Our Team
Marketing Coordinator – Richmond, VA
Commonwealth Architects is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to help support the marketing activities of the firm. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field, and possess one to five years of experience, with experience in the A / E / C industry a strong preference. The primary responsibilities of this position includes the preparation of proposal responses, presentations, and other marketing materials, as well as the coordination with the principals and other technical staff on the overall marketing strategy of the firm.
- Prepare written and graphic material for proposals (RFP’s), graphic presentations and interviews
- Coordinate writing proposal sections and general marketing correspondence.
- Creates and coordinates production of collateral materials – written and graphic.
- Supports development or marketing and sales strategy.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates a range of marketing support activities.
- Helps develop strategy on project-specific marketing activities, and manages production of project marketing support materials (proposals, presentations, etc.).
- Plans/coordinates special events. Coordinates implementation of corporate identity, direct mail programs, project photography and advertising.
- Social media management and updating (FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Update and maintain firm website.
- Maintains consistent “Brand” for all marketing materials
- Assist with in-office weekly marketing meeting
- Maintain database of consultants/contractors/teaming partners and provide recommendations to studio staff for pursuits
- Tracks leads and follows up with technical staff and principals on sales contracts.
- Ability to update and maintain website a preference
- Coordinate photography of projects.
- Develops/maintains marketing information systems, including Deltek Vision
Skills and Abilities:
- Is well organized, persistent, tactful, and enthusiastic. Works well with all types and levels of people, and without close supervision.
- Polite and respectful communication with clients, vendors, and team.
- Has excellent editing, copywriting and graphic design skills.
- High initiative and follow through.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrates understanding of marketing and public relations and working knowledge of firm’s business, vision, Core Values & Core Focus, policies, procedures, programs, and capabilities.
- Possesses good time management skills and ability to balance short-term deadlines against long-term goals.
- Should be able to develop and implement marketing program through both original contributions and refinement of existing activities.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in marketing and graphic and presentation tools and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), InDesign, and Photoshop required for use in completing assignments.
- Familiarity with Deltek, Cosential or other CRM tools
Commonwealth Architects offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. To apply for this position, email cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates should have legal work status in the United States. Commonwealth Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Architectural Designer – Richmond, VA
Commonwealth Architects has an opening available for an Architectural Designer in our headquarters office located in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip. Our practice is constantly growing, and includes corporate, governmental, multi-family, hospitality, and higher education projects as well as rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings throughout Virginia and the mid-Atlantic region. Ideal candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the capability to both conceptualize a building’s design and develop construction documents for implementation. Candidate must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and have experience relevant to commercial, multi-family, office or adaptive reuse project work. Knowledge of REVIT is preferred.
Responsibilities may also include: making sound decisions on the methods of approach and development of project(s), project execution and ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to each assignment. The individual must be proficient in developing creative architectural solutions that meet the firm’s standard of design and client expectations.
This opportunity is ideal for graduates of an accredited architectural program. Individuals with 2-5 years of experience in the architecture field, experience working on a variety of project types, and a desire to be involved with some of the region’s most exciting projects should forward their cover letter and resume below for immediate consideration.
Commercial Interior Designer – Richmond, VA
Commercial Interior Designer positions are available with Commonwealth Architects in corporate, governmental, multi-family, hospitality and / or higher education arenas.
All experience and skill levels welcomed to apply with minimum requirements and preferred requirements noted below. To join us, you should have:
- A professional degree in Interior Design, Architecture or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphic software; Revit strongly preferred
- Strong design portfolio
- Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
- Collaborative and professional work ethic
Preferred Additional Experience:
- Strong competency in interior design specifications, calculations and industry standards, and application of building codes
- Experience working in all project phases from Programming to Construction Administration
- Strong oral and written communication skills with client presentation experience
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design. LEED desired but not required.
- Licensure preferred
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and representative samples below for immediate consideration.
We constantly search for new architects and designers who share our vision and passion for design. We are always interested in reviewing resumes as we seek to staff our firm with just the right people. Please fill out the form below to apply to join our team.
Commonwealth Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Commonwealth Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.