Join our team
Interior Design Director – Richmond, VA
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Provide oversight of interior design projects and project delivery including implementation of standards and quality assurance
- Lead interior design efforts and interior design project teams including design direction and client engagement
- Assist with staff recruitment and development
- Develop fee proposals for project leads or prospective clients
- Invest in increasing awareness of firm wide strategic planning issues with regard to business development, firm wide operations and administration
- Participate in client interviews and presentations
- A professional degree in Interior Design or a related discipline
- 15+ years of design experience + commercial interiors with project management experience a must
- Experience in leading others and supervising teams
- Impressive design portfolio showcasing a variety of project types, sizes and styles
- Effective verbal and writing skills
Please send all resumes and a brief portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below. Please no phone calls.
Architectural Designer – Richmond, VA
Commonwealth Architects has an opening available for an Architectural Designer in our headquarters office located in Richmond, Virginia’s historic Shockoe Slip. Our practice is constantly growing, and includes new commercial, retail, office and multi-family projects as well as rehabilitation and adaptive reuse of existing buildings throughout Virginia and the mid-Atlantic region. Ideal candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the capability both conceptualize a building’s design and develop construction documents for implementation. Candidate must be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and have experience relevant to commercial, multi-family, office or adaptive reuse project work. Knowledge of REVIT is preferred.
Responsibilities may also include: making sound decisions on the methods of approach and development of project(s), project execution and ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to each assignment. The individual must be proficient in developing creative architectural solutions that meet the firm’s standard of design and client expectations.
This opportunity is ideal for graduates of an accredited architectural program. Individuals with 1-5 years of experience in the architecture field and a desire to be assigned to some of the region’s most exciting projects are encouraged to submit their resume below for immediate consideration.
We constantly search for new architects and designers who share our vision and passion for design. We are always interested in reviewing resumes as we seek to staff our firm with just the right people. Please fill out the form below to apply to join our team.
Commonwealth Architects provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Commonwealth Architects complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.