The Virginia Military Institute‘s ca. 1850 A. J. Davis-designed “Maury House” is located on the historic Parade Ground of the Post. Commonwealth Architects conducted an extensive study of the building, including original documentation from Davis’ own drawings and an assessment of the existing conditions. Based upon this study, detailed restoration recommendations and construction documents for the historic residence were drawn up. Work included the reconstruction of the missing front porch, and the removal of a 1950s bathroom in order to re-institute the original main floor circulation.