Built in 1911, the Jefferson School is one of several local schools built in the early 20th century. As the largest of this group, the building features paired Ionic columns supporting a classical portico and entablature. Commonwealth Architects led the transformation of the building into 16 residential apartment units ranging from 1,000 to 1,500 square feet, referred to as the Jefferson School Lofts. The apartment units feature granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and retain many original elements including hard wood floors and chalk boards. This adaptive reuse utilized Historic Tax Investment Credits.