Located in Richmond’s historic Ginter Park neighborhood, the former Richmond Memorial Hospital has been transformed into the luxurious Ginter Place housing community. The seven-story, international style main hospital structure was constructed in 1952 and was attached to the richly detailed former Bryan Mansion built at the turn of the century. Ginter Place Associates commissioned Commonwealth Architects for the adaptive reuse and rehabilitation of Ginter Place, which now offers 69 condominiums with balconies, and 24 new townhouses. A special function and community room, a wellness center, indoor parking and potential office space are all part of the redevelopment.
Ginter Place is located within a State and National Historic District and utilized Historic Investment Tax Credits.